Thursday, November 13, 2008

Research


Above: One of the many forms of transport in Burma

So in between logging a few killer surf sessions at Swami's the last few days, I went to update my vaccinations and get some malaria meds. My doctor urged me to consult the CDC and US State Department websites regarding the countries I will be visiting. I tend to avoid doing this because it causes alarm, all the descriptions of crime, terrorist attacks in some cases, driving accidents, etc. I suppose that such warnings could be made about the US too, or European countries. Anyway, it has me a little concerned, mostly about Cambodia. Interestingly, the safest country out of the bunch is Burma (which I guess I already knew). This is so long as you don't speak out against the government, which actually is not advised in any of the countries.

Below: Me and Helena in Burma in January 2006

No comments: