Saturday, December 20, 2008

Access Denied

Hello!! I am alive and well in Northwestern Burma. As I suspected would be the case, I have not been able to post to my blog, as access to blogspot has been blocked by the government (and I was away from a computer for over a week). The military junta has even blocked access to Yahoo mail, and the internet cafes have to use special software to bypass the block, which doesn't always work and is awfully slow. Many web addresses are met with a red flashing screen of "Access Denied." It's a total shock to me that I am able to get through to make this post as I am on an ancient computer powered by a diesel generator that the proprietor fires up whenever someone wants to use the internet (about once per day).

I fly to Bangkok tomorrow and from there I will post all the entries I have written on my laptop over the last couple weeks, and post some photos. I will put some more photos on Facebook too.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!

Elizabeth

1 comment:

Rox said...

Internet access is a funny thing in the corners of the world, eh? Wishing you safety and fun adventures for your Christmas present =)