Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Say Goodbye to the Crackberry

Here I am in the Evergreen Lounge at the Taipei Airport. We arrived at 5 a.m., daylight not yet visible as we landed. It will be a long day as I am here for 3 hours, then 4 hours flying to Bangkok, then 5 hours in the Bangkok airport (no lounge) as I await my Thai Airways flight to Rangoon. It feels surreal to be in Asia, although the 14+ hours on the plane should have prepped me.

It was hard to say goodbye last night to my best buddies (see photo at right), but they are in good hands with my extraordinary friend Tracy. I took a photo of her before I left, since she was wearing a super cool Flight of the Conchords t-shirt (big drawing of Jemaine, small one of Bret; it must have been designed by Jemaine). Some of you may know that the ringtone on my phone is a song by FOTC - kind of obscure. But I won't be hearing that ringtone for awhile. I took the battery out of my Blackberry, and it will stay out for the next 3 months, as my phone service will be turned off. Crackberry addiction ended!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh EW...where ARE youuuuuuuuuuu??? Hope you're having fun!!!!