Friday, January 9, 2009

Not All About Surfing


Perhaps I should clarify something. My journey and this blog (as a journal thereof) are not necessarily about surfing. I used the term surfer girl because my friend John who came up with the term “Kicking Out” calls me that. I surf every day at home, but when I travel, there is so much to see, experience and learn that is not near surf that there is no way I would so confine myself. Very little of my travel over the last few years has been for surfing. That being said, I am hoping to surf in central Vietnam, but the other places on my itinerary don’t get surf this time of year.

So back to Cambodia. Today I went to Beng Melea, a tumble down temple from the 12th century about an hour outside of Siem Reap. It was real Tomb Raider stuff, from the same era as Angkor Wat, but at this site the jungle won.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHAT???? No surfing??? I was expecting glassy offshore barrels, hot boys and sun tan lotion, reef rash and big carving cutbacks!!!!!

:-P

Keep it up EW...I'm still reading...