Saturday, June 26, 2010

Summer Reading

Traveling by myself always allows me to read a lot, and I can recommend the following four books I finished on this trip:

"Redemption: The Myth of Pet Overpopulation and the No Kill Revolution" by Nathan Winograd (the title is self-explanatory!);

"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" by Steig Larsson - pulp fiction page-turner that was a good antidote to the previous powerful read ( a couple people on my Patagonia trip were reading it);

"The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine" by Michael Lewis - the author who brought us "Liar's Poker" about 80's Wall Street, does a GREAT job of explaining what went wrong on Wall Street this time, and what led to the collapse;

"Northanger Abbey" by Jane Austen - not her best work, in my opinion.... I am enjoying "Mansfield Park" much more. Let's hope I find the time to finish it now that I am home.

I highly recommend getting an Amazon Kindle or another electronic book reader if you travel a lot. On Amazon, you can download most of the literary classics for free or less than $1, and new hardcover books are usually less than $10. Most importantly, you can carry a who library with you in a little package!

No comments: